The Foundation of Hoops is designed to provide additional opportunities for the teams that are slotted in between the Drafted League/Recreational Player and the Tryout-Based Competitive Team. There will be an application process for tournament play as a way for us to verify and discern an appropriate level of play for each team.
There are some additional roster guidelines that we will be putting into place. These guidelines will be used to stabilize team rosters and keep the purity of the division intact. This is an important factor in keeping the focus on the player development through competitive balance.
We recognize that players can play with multiple teams, and that players of varying calibers can comprise these teams. It is our goal to accurately classify each team with the complete roster that they will be playing with. To do this, we will be utilizing the USSSA.com website's Roster Management software. Each player has a unique ID that is used to track their participation across seasons and sports. Each team will be required to post their entire playing roster online at www.usssa.com prior to their admission to the Foundation of Hoops program. At the time of their admission, their roster will be FROZEN online.
Only players that are on a team's online roster at www.usssa.com will be allowed to participate with the team. If a team need to make a roster addition or substitution, it can be done prior to the event, and must be submitted via email or through an online for to the Foundation of Hoops.
Team Application: EXCEL | PDF
Team Roster: EXCEL | PDF
The application process will need to be completed by each team. There is a short questionnaire that includes the following information:
- Team Information
- Coach Information
- Current League Information
- Contact information of League Director
- Current standings information
- Previous Year League Information
- Tournament Participations and Results
- Complete Roster
- Includes all players that will be considered eligible for team's participation in any Foundation of Hoops event.
- Player History including any inclusion on a competitive basketball team
- Player will not be disqualified, but we want to identify these players prior to competition and inclusion.
- If a players participates with a competitive team and is not disclosed, this could result in the removal of the player and the team from the Foundation of Hoops program.